Gifted Minds Prosper is a 501c3 non-profit organization of parents and professionals who are concerned with supporting and creating expanded opportunities for the education of gifted and talented students of all ages in the Prosper Independent School District and their families. Gifted Minds Prosper supports and encourages the development of such programs, both within the public schools and as extra-curricular activities utilizing community and individual resources.
- Your child does not need to be in the PISD Gifted and Talented program for you to join.
- We are a positive group excited about the opportunities to support and encourage our gifted and talented students, staff and families.
WHAT WE DO
Advocacy - To advocate for our gifted and talented students, parents and staff.
- Teacher grants
- Gift Card incentives during GT training for all teachers
- Multiple opportunities for extended education like NuMinds' STEAM with Santa and Rocket & Roll Rocketry
- GT Teacher appreciation
Information - To share gifted and talented information with our members.
- Spring and Fall Symposiums
- Special Speakers like Celebrate Calm
- Future Book Club for Parents
- Summer Camp Expo with over 35 Camp Vendors and lots of great prizes
- Newsletter about local GT happenings and extended learning opportunities
Connection - To nurture relationships between our gifted and talented students, parents and staff.
- Parent-to-Teacher and Parent-to-Parent networking opportunities
- Summer Career Spotlights where kids gets to experience a more hands-on approach to careers like doctor, orthodontist, entrepreneur and architect
- Middle School GT Game Night hosted by Mathnasium
Board Members for 2021-22
President - Dr. Bernadette Ortiz-Brewster
Vice-President - Jeffrey Fuller, Ed.D.
2nd Vice-President - Tina Marr
Secretary - Mandy Horton
Treasurer - Mark Heussner